Having paid a king's ransom to watch some of the most ghastly people in the world kick a ball about, people kid themselves that the team they are cheering for are something more than a motley collection of briefly hired mercenaries who owe allegiance to nothing whatsoever other than their agents and their bank balances!

Monday 29 November 2010

Tevez: "Football is all about money and I don't like it"

Tevez: Disillusioned with money in football
Manchester City talisman Carlos Tevez has become the latest big name to put the boot into his money-obsessed sport!
The Argentinian striker - who himself earns a colossal £145,000 per week - claims to be so disenchanted with the state of the game he has vowed to quit within "three or four years." 
“I don’t want to play any more. I’m tired of football but also tired of people who work in football,” said Tevez. “I’m talking seriously. Football is only about money and I don’t like it."
Tevez didn't hold back with his opinions on some of the game's younger players either, saying he would rather punch some of his colleagues than listen to their advice!
"There are so many agents with really young footballers, it's awful as these young players are not interested in winning titles. They only want money.
"Today the young players have no education at all and I don't want to listen to them," said the 26-year-old.
"When I played at Boca (Juniors), when Martin Palermo or Juan Roman Riquelme talked, I listened to them.
"So I don't want a young player to ask me, 'Why did you do that?' in the changing room. I would punch them as I have won 13 titles in my career."
Tevez is not the first Manchester City player to raise the issue of player wages recently, with teammate Kolo Toure - who is believed to be earning closer to £200,000 per week - claiming that many of his team-mates were not training hard enough to justify their salaries and that the club should reserve the right to withhold their wages if the hard yards weren’t being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment